SHORT VERSION: We use the information you supply us to fulfill your orders or answer your questions. We don't share your information with anyone other than as needed to fulfill orders. We do not add you to our email list- you must OPT IN to receive future emails from us.
Your credit card information is immediately encrypted when you submit it; we do not store credit card data.
What information do we collect?
How do we use your information?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, every email we send includes an immediate opt-out link. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of internal staff who have special access rights, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted to be only accessed as stated above.
Credit card security beyond SSL/ PCI Compliance: We are fully PCI Compliant. We do not store credit card data, however, the customer account section does include the option for you to 'save card information'. If you choose this option, your card information is encrypted and a special code links the encrypted data to your account. The original card data resides at our fully PCI Compliant payment processor, not on CEOgolfshop.com servers. (We use Authorize.net for our gateway and Chase Paymentech, a business unit of JPMorgan Chase, and a global leader in payment processing and merchant acquiring. )
At no time can staff view or retrieve your credit card data. Any credit information supplied over the phone is shredded upon completion of the transaction. Our system does allow us to 'rebill' you if you want to add on to your order and also to refund you for a certain period of days, not more than 30. Again, the card data is not visible.
For Google or Paypal orders, please refer to their privacy and card data protection policies. Our system will simply state that an order was placed with their payment processing, but there all transaction information resides within their systems.
Do we use "cookies"?
We may contract with third-party service providers to collect aggregate site visitor data. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business and they have no access to individual visit information or behaviours.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Firefox or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below:
- In some cases your purchases may be drop shipped from the manufacturer. In that case, your shipping information, and product requests are supplied to the manufacturer.
- Our website hosting partners may be given access to resolved a technical issue so long as they agree to keep any information confidential.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please OPT OUT ONLY by using the opt out link contained in the email you receive, NOT your CEOgolfshop MY account.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.